What Is a Search Engine? | Ride and See.
Search engine visibility comes about when your website, online copy and content are optimized correctly. For example, they meet the requirements of search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Therefore, they determine who sees you and if you’re even seen at all online. They also have creepy, crawly, “spiders” or bots that spy on how you craft your words to get your message out on the world wide web.
You can have the greatest message of hope, love, and encouragement. But if no one sees it, it’s a lost cause preventing you from doing the good you intend to in the world.
These search engines set out to find, index, and rank content put out on the web. Furthermore, they rely on the words and phrases people use to find what they’re looking for.
Therefore, websites using similar terms searchers use will show up first. The result? More traffic to your website and online content in general.
But how do you fulfill these search engines’ requirement to ensure you have online visibility? Keep reading…
What Are Your Chances of Being Seen? | Right Positioning.
The online space is crowded with buyers and sellers from everywhere in the world. In fact, every industry marketing every kind of products and services. And, everyone thinks theirs is the best, so do you.
You are right. Just like your fingerprints, you are unique, so is your message. At least, it should be different from all those with the opportunity to claim a space in the marketplace.
And that’s just about EVERYONE!
But your prospective audience is looking for something unique. They’re tired of the same old voices echoing in their heads. So, a new approach in presenting your message will make them want to hear from you.
Therefore, you must stand out from the crowd and give search engines the opportunity to find you online.
There are two major ways to get attention:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Write your message using keywords and phrases. It should be relevant, well-written content, created to get your audience’s attention and optimized for search engines.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): Pay your way with online ads. This could be very expensive but gives you instant results.
Search engine optimization takes a longer time to build traffic, but is the least expensive. Also, the cost of Pay-Per-Click adds up as you repeat the process over time.
5 Search Engine Visibility Tips | Count the Ways.
Here are five tips for better online visibility:
- Research your target market: Find out who they are, their likes, passions, and buying persona.
- Learn their language: Familiarize yourself with how they express themselves. That will help you to use their language in your message and show up in their search.
- Use a valuable keyword tool: These tools allow you to put words, phrases, or sentences in a search box. The results show what words people are using more commonly and how much competition there is.
- Be relevant, readable, and realistic: Write for your audience, and not for the search engines. Your message should flow naturally, so avoid unnatural and unnecessary use of keywords that are awkward to read.
- Delight your audience: Give them something to hang on to. Let them follow you through to the end, eager for more. Subsequently, they will be your loyal customers.
Those are only a few helpful tips to steer you in the direction of search engine visibility. The process of writing involves work before, during, and after putting your words down.
That is why the majority of business owners and managers do not undertake this task themselves. They leave it to the copywriting and content experts to handle their writing projects.
A knowledgeable copywriter may be the difference between having online visibility and being stuck in the dark.
Visibility Is Your “I’m Open” Sign | Light It Up!
It was a dark, cold night in the middle of summer. Frank was drained from the heat and humidity, hungry from neglecting to take time to eat. He wanted to make it home in time for his daughter’s first birthday.
He and his crew of five left home two months earlier on a mission. They traded lumber for fabric used to supply impoverished women starting a sewing business to make a life for their families.
The weather report predicted heavy thunderstorms and choppy seas. He could make it home in eight hours if he got a head start before the conditions developed.
Twenty-three trips across this stretch in the last two years gave him that sense of familiarity. He would make it a little after dark, safely.
However, he was unprepared for what he realized was before him.
The storm made an unexpected turn and was now in front of him. Visibility, even with the flood light, was reduced. His trusted compass would help, but the boisterous winds took him off course.
Frank’s hope depended on the light that would guide him to safety. He looked for a lighthouse to keep him on track and provide a safe harbor. He hoped the storm would make another unpredictable turn away from his path.
A lighthouse, in your case the solution to your search engine visibility, would take your audience safely to your home page. Or any other destination you choose to present your compelling message.
Now That I Know | Next Steps to Visibility
Here’s what we covered in this article, “What Is Search Engine Visibility? | A Light in the Darkness!”
- Your message may not reach your target audience if it’s not optimized for search engine visibility.
- Search engines algorithms determine if and where content shows up online.
- You play a part in this decision by crafting your messages to fit the way users of the web search for their solutions.
- Copywriters are trained specialists who are skilled in writing copy and content that search engines will find, index, and rank.
Do you need help with your online message? Get it up front and center so your audience can benefit from the solution you offer them. Position yourself as an expert in your field with your unique message.
Let me help you get your message in front of your audience. You have a stage and microphone. You deserve to be heard. Find out how you can be that light in the darkness ==>RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!<==
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. I will be more than happy to address them.
One more thing: Please share this article with someone, your groups, or anywhere you think it will be beneficial. An entrepreneur, creative or marketing personnel may thank you for passing it on.
Business Owner | The Way 4Word Enterprises